Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Murrieta Music: A Review; Valiant - On Our Own

Flier


The new Valiant CD contains a lot of my favorite songs that made me fall in love with their music in the first place, plus, a lot of new songs that carry on the Valiant tradition of personal music. Some of my favorite songs made it into the final release, which include: Sing Me a Story, and Down the Line. While the last of those is by far my favorite, in this instance I am slightly saddened by the fact that it is an instrumental, instead of the full featured song that I like.


Alex, the Singer/Guitarist and Eric, the drummer, both write songs together, about things that matter to them. Most, if not all, appeal to me on a personal level, reflecting things I have lived and felt in my own personal life. They express the full spectrum of human emotion, from penultimate joy, to the epitome of sadness, from the sorrow of failure to the elation and pride of achievement. Their influences are fairly apparent in their music, but are too numerous to list here, ranging everywhere from Metallica to The Beatles. Their skill, as well as the engineers involved in this production, is evident everywhere on this album.



While I’m listening to a pre-release issue of the CD that has yet to be mastered, anything I have to complain about is essentially a non-issue, and will be fixed when it goes to master. The mix on everything is as it should be for how Valiant likes their music to be heard, the arrangement is awesome, and just like their stage shows, by listening to their music you can tell how much their care about their music, and how much they love what they do. If you would like more information, check out http://www.myspace.com/valiantrock or come to their show this Friday October 17th Live at the Merc in Old Town Temecula, which will also be their CD Release Show (and perhaps after party).

No comments:

Post a Comment