Thursday, September 10, 2009

Former Assemblyman Mike Duvall: I was telling a story, not having an affair



Brea, California - Disgraced former Assemblyman Mike Duvall released a statement today, basically claiming that the recorded conversation he had with Assemblyman Jeff Miller while at recess during a committee meeting was a fabricated story. His Assembly web page has been removed, so here is the official statement from Duvall's 2010 campaign website:
"I want to make it clear that my decision to resign is in no way an admission that I had an affair or affairs. My offense was engaging in inappropriate story-telling and I regret my language and choice of words. The resulting media coverage was proving to be an unneeded distraction to my colleagues and I resigned in the hope that my decision would allow them to return to the business of the state."

No comments:

Post a Comment