Thursday, September 9, 2010

No Temecula Quarry: This man has deadly silicosis.

I am against the proposed Liberty Quarry being built. Here is another reason why.

Bill

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®


From: NBiddle2@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 14:18:40 EDT
To: <NBiddle2@aol.com>
Subject: Real story: This man has deadly silicosis. Guess why. From Temecula, California

 
 

From: fjbartz@verizon.net
To: CleanAirTemecula@verizon.net
Sent: 9/9/2010 7:13:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Subj: Letter in today&apos;s Californian
 

We all deserve to live a clean, healthy life

James Thomason from Temecula ("Don't be concerned about a little dust," Sept. 2) stated, "I do not believe we can overlook all the benefits because of the privileged few who are concerned about a little dust. Let them spend more money at the car wash."

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis, otherwise known as silicosis, is a very real and dangerous disease, which is the collection of highly microscopic particles of silicone dust in the lungs. It causes a hardening of the lungs, which means breathing difficulties, like asthma, COPD, etc. ...

I learned most of this many years ago as a child living a good few "safe" miles from the same type of quarry as is proposed here. Because of growing up in these types of conditions, I am personally offended when told "it is only dust," or "go to a car wash."

You see, I know better. I live with this disease every day, and it's why I moved out here: for clean healthy air for my family and my grandchildren. We all deserve to live a clean and healthy life. Don't all of you deserve the same? Now I hope more understand why I am offended by all these people speaking without any knowledgeable sense.

Ronald Glusac

French Valley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment