Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Operation Dinner: grilled smoked tofu

This is my dinner tonight, thought I would share the recipe with you if you are doing the 'meatless monday' thing or, like me, are vegetarian.

Grilled tofu cutlets with olive oil and my 'full value red chile season salt'. Simple recipe; a smoked tofu block cut into strips put on a griddle with some olive oil, over medium heat.

Grill for 6 min on each side, top with your favorite cheese and cover with a metal bowl for 4 more min to melt the cheese. I added a bit of my gluten free homemade bbq sauce on top of the cheese. See more pictures after the jump.



Enjoy as an appetizer or put on bread for sandwich - this makes a great 'slider' recipe for NBA playoff parties. I have served this to people who claim to hate tofu and they enjoyed every bite. ENJOY!
- Bill




No comments:

Post a Comment