Saturday, March 30, 2013

WAR!!

STEALTH BOMBER FLY-BY IGNITES FUSE  

Temecula, CA – Posted today rather than last night due to the news story of BO’s granting Monsanto the any issues between the two countries will be resolved in a "wartime manner."
right to slow kill every American child, is the news that North Korea has entered a “state of war” against its Southern neighbor, South Korea. The North states that from now on

“From this time on, the North-South relations will be entering the state of war and all issues raised between the North and the South will be handled accordingly,” a special statement by the country’s top military command reads, according to the KCNA state news agency.

“The situation in the Korean Peninsula, which is neither peace nor war, has come to an end,” the statement says.


However, technically, the two Koreas are still in state of war because a peace treaty after the 1950-53 conflict was never signed. Washington "should be clear that in era of Marshal Kim Jong-un, the greatest-ever commander, all things are different from the past," went a statement on North Korean radio early Saturday. The threat comes just days after Washington and Seoul signed a joint contingency plan on possible responses to North Korean military provocations. Around 28,500 US troops are based in South Korean, and would take command of the South’s army in the event of a full-scale war with the North.

Meanwhile the White House is taking the fresh North Korean threats seriously, but not without a bit of American skepticism.

“We've seen reports of a new and unconstructive statement from North Korea,” said Caitlin Hayden, spokeswoman for the National Security Council. “We take these threats seriously and remain in close contact with our South Korean allies.”
With North Korea placing its ballistic arsenal on high alert targeting American bases and the US tenaciously increasing military presence in the region, the whole situation risks “spiraling out of control” soon, warned Russia’s foreign minister Sergey Lavrov.

Both North Korea and the US bear responsibility for the recent substantial escalation of tensions, Lavrov reiterated on Friday, calling on “all sides not to flex their military muscle.”

"We are concerned that alongside the adequate, collective reaction of the UN Security Council, unilateral action is being taken around North Korea that is increasing military activity,” Lavrov added, apparently referring to US plans to boost missile defense against the North, the signed joint US-South Korean contingency plan in the event of an attack as well as their recent military drills.

In a noteworthy contrast to all the previous war games, this time American B-2 stealth bombers flew  out of bases in Missouri, carried out simulated bombing raids on North Korean targets on an island off the coast of South Korea, a move that US officials confirmed to be unprecedented.

Following this “reckless provocation” North Korean military command held an urgent overnight meeting
during which the state’s supreme leader Kim Jong-un signed a decree placing the Strategic Rocket Force on standby, aka Def-Con 2.

“The situation could simply get out of control,” Sergey Lavrov told journalists on Friday, calling for a resumption of a six-party discussion of North Korea’s nuclear arsenal within the framework of country’s international obligations. Also commenting on the news, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei called on all sides involved to exercise restraint.

While N. Korea has firmly pledged to “settle accounts with the US imperialists” and “mercilessly strike the US mainland, their stronghold, their military bases” in case of any further provocations, US officials seemingly do not consider the threat to be as real as the democratic republic is trying to present it to be. The North has previously threatened nuclear attacks on the US and its ally South Korea. Military experts in the US believe the threats to be empty.

The threats towards the US are only hurting North Korea itself as well as its people, White House spokesman Josh Earnest said on Friday.

“The bellicose rhetoric emanating from North Korea only deepens that nation's isolation,” Earnest said, adding that North’s unconditional renouncement of nuclear arms is the only clear path to resolve the situation. Despite all the tensions, the United States is capable of defending its interests in the region, Earnest added.

Military experts agree that North Korea is at least several years from building a nuclear warhead or a missile capable of reaching the mainland US, which makes the threats, at this point, groundless. However, a detailed plan of a nuclear strike on the US mainland can be clearly seen behind the North Korean leader on photos published in national newspaper. Such a demonstration of nuclear capabilities is likely aimed at an internal audience, in support of the idea of “sweeping away the US aggressors.”

Nevertheless, US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel admitted on Thursday that “every provocative, bellicose word and action” of Kim Jong-un has to be taken seriously.

Earlier this month Washington decided to address North Korea's faster-than-anticipated progress in nuclear weapons development. They announced that the US will have 14 missile interceptors up and running by 2017, even abandoning a key part of its Eastern European missile defense plan in order to curb the threat from North Korea. Pyongyang has made increasingly aggressive threats recently after the UN Security Council issued a new round of sanctions over North Korea’s third nuclear test in February. The isolated nation says it needs nuclear capabilities to protect its sovereignty from its southern neighbor and the US.

Pyongyang said its long-range missile and artillery units have entered combat posture and are targeting US military bases in Guam, Hawaii and mainland America.

"From this moment, the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army will be putting in combat duty posture No. 1 all field artillery units including long-range artillery units strategic rocket units that will target all enemy object in US invasionary bases on its mainland, Hawaii and Guam," the North's KCNA news agency said.

Pyongyang previously threatened to attack US bases in Guam and Okinawa, Japan, last week as the bases used to launch nuclear-armed US B-52 bombers for the joint exercise two weeks ago. The Stealth run was the second ‘shot across the bow’.

 (Story source - RussiaToday, aka RT.com; fly-by photo USA Today - Ed)

No comments:

Post a Comment