Thursday, April 4, 2013

MICHAEL JACKSON’S DENTIST



LOCAL MAN KILLED IN APPARENT OVERDOSE

Temecula, CA – Marek Lapinski, a vice president for a 3D technology company, died on March 21 when
he underwent a procedure to extract two wisdom teeth. Instead, Lapinski went into cardiac arrest and had to be rushed to the hospital. He passed away three days later, ABC News reports.

“He had no health issues we were aware of. This was very strange and unexpected,” said Marek’s mother, April Lapinski.

"What's most shocking is the healthy 24-year-old goes in for an operation as routine as having his wisdom teeth removed and dies in the process," Tony Keiser, a friend of the Lapinski family, told ABCNews.com. "It's inconceivable."
"I really pray to God that there's a hell of an investigation on this," Keiser said.


Lapinski's mother, April Lapinski, told ABCNews.com that (Dr.) Paul had come to the hospital to apologize for what had happened.

"He did come, and he, you know, he said he was sorry," she said. "He didn't have any other explanations for me."

Medical records provided to Lapinski’s family reportedly reveal Marek woke up coughing sometime during the operation and was given propofol — a surgical anesthetic that killed singer Michael Jacksonso that the oral surgeon could complete the procedure. Lapinski’s family and friends have questioned the treatment he received from Dr. Steven Paul, an oral surgeon in Temecula, Calif.

When Lapinski stopped breathing, according to the statement, immediate measures were taken to revive Lapinski after his condition began to deteriorate.CPR was started and the paramedics were called. After they arrived, according to the report, the paramedics found two pieces of surgical gauze stuck in Lapinski's airway as they tried to intubate him.

While the official cause of Marek’s death is pending an autopsy, the Lapinski family said they plan to take legal action as they were informed by a doctor at the hospital that Marek may have suffered an overdose.

“The pulmonary doctor at the hospital told me it looked like an overdose to him,” April Lapinski said.

In addition, Marek Lapinski’s sister, Natalie who is also a nurse, said she examined her brother’s medical records, and found he was administered at least six different sedatives by the surgeon.

“In talking to the nurse at the hospital, from what they told me, he was given way too much anesthesia,” Lapinski’s sister said.

The state of Nevada shows Dr. Paul as a registered oral surgeon and has a permit to practice general anesthesia. He is in good standing with the state and has no formal complaints against him.

Paul has not commented on the case, but his attorney, Clark Hudson, released a statement that said in part: "Dr. Steven Paul has always provided the highest level of oral surgery care to his patients. ... However, safe as oral surgery is in today's environment, no surgical procedure is without risk."

"The reason for the patient's decompensation is unknown. However, all standard protocols were followed," Hudson said.

However, if he was under and then woke up coughing, that's enough to make someone wonder what the problem is. So why would the doc give a man more sedation! Coughing is a response to airway restriction.

“Surgical gauze was placed in his mouth to absorb any secretions and blood, but he woke up coughing, aspirated the gauze and the airway was compromised, instead he was given more sedation to "calm" him down, instead he was fighting to get more air...then instead probably had respiratory arrest which led to cardiac arrest...so sad for the family and friends of this young man,” said one medically aware commenter.

R.I.P. Marek Lapinski

(Story sources – Yahoo news, the Inquisitr; all emphasis – Ed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment