Tuesday, April 9, 2013

NOT JUST ANOTHER PRETTY VOICE

HOW LEE KOCH KICK STARTED HIS CAREER

Temecula, CA – Listening to Whole Heart, the latest and best work from ex-T-town resident Lee Koch
(‘Cook’), I was more and more impressed with the production quality. So I decided to satisfy my curiosity with a little further research and this is what I found.

The entire ‘Whole Heart’ CD project was funded from an investor site called Kickstarter, which says a lot about the hipness of Lee Koch and the out-of-the-box thinking he is demonstrating along his life journey. But I’ll let him tell you about the premise himself, and then you can see Lee in action on two different songs, two different settings, but just two sides of this very uniquely talented Temecula homeboy.



“The long awaited, highly anticipated, nearly abandoned… second Lee Koch album. Yes dear family and friends, the wheels of this machine had almost completely come to a halt not too long ago, but momentum is gaining now and I’m planning on the release of my sophomore album by January 1st, 2013.

That will make it a solid four years from my last album, Same As Blood. Since 2009, I’ve found an amazingly perfect wife, played heaps of shows in all types of settings throughout the country, learned a whole lot about myself and the world around me, and now – now I’m about to discover the wild world of parenthood. Yes, we’re having a baby sometime in February! It’s another awesome change in my life that will inspire heartfelt music and lyrics.

So, with all of this said, I’d like to invite you to come alongside me and get this machine running full speed. I’d love to create for you a collection of recorded songs that is as good, if not better, than the last album. As you know, this is not a cheap task. Consider studio time, production, engineering, guest musicians, manufacturing and travel expenses. These are the necessities.

Fortunately, there are funding platforms like Kickstarter that allow me to provide advanced sales of these things and offer exclusive incentives (vinyl records, t-shirts, stickers, etc.) for those who decide to participate before the album is completed. That’s all it is: simply artist to listener. No record label or management agency to front me money and expect more in return. It’s a beautiful and liberating thing.” – Lee Koch

And now without further ado





No comments:

Post a Comment