Monday, August 12, 2013

Breaking News Here – FUKUSHIMA’S OUT OF CONTROL LEAKAGE

‘Ayy, Capt’n. WE CANNA HOLD ‘ER!!’

Temecula, CA – Just when you got done thinking about the catastrophe that devastated Japan
Gregory Bull/AP photo
almost as much as we did through two nuclear bombs over 50 years ago, Fukushima is back in the headlines and this time the news is again bleak, first for the ocean and then for the people who like fish. Translated comes the following report, “The radioactive discharge is out of control” — Contamination seeping into ocean is an emergency.

In exactly an opposite scenario from the closure of San Onofre, pictured here with surfers, who may not be out of the woods yet, not to mention just about everybody else living on the west coast.

Japan’s nuclear watchdog said last Monday that radioactive water is seeping into the ocean creating an emergency Tepco is struggling to contain. The contaminated groundwater has breached an underground barrier and is rising towards the surface, says the nuclear regulator. More after the jump.

Masashi Goto, a retired nuclear engineer who worked on several Tepco plants [...] says the current situation is more than Tepco can handle. Tepco now admits that tainted water is reaching the sea, saying this past Friday the radioactive discharge is out of control.

BBC: Flow of radioactive water into Pacific could ‘accelerate rapidly’ now that barrier is breached at Fukushima plant — Tepco clearly in ‘deep trouble’

A barrier built to contain the water has already been breached, the Nuclear Regulatory Authority warned in a report from BBC News, August 5, 2013. This means the amount of contaminated water seeping into the Pacific Ocean could accelerate rapidly, it said. It has been clear for months now that the operators of the Fukushima plant are in deep trouble, says the BBC’s Rupert Wingfield-Hayes.

Here is the straight news vid -


Then our old Fukushima friend Arnie with a Japan expert calling for international help on this crisis


Finally we have 'Duke Nuke'm', Dr. Michio Kaku on the crisis and solution


And after the welcome news about the San Onofre danger too.  The Southern California plant's been offline since last year because of excessive wear in tubes that carry radioactive water. Edison announced in June that it would permanently shut the plant. As was reported, this plant ranked the worst in safety ranking polls taken. Of course your right to live healthy comes at a cost since taxpayer funds built the plant, and also goes at a price.
Southern California Edison published full-page ads in the Los Angeles Times, the Orange County Register, and other papers on Monday arguing that the closure’s in the customers’ best interests. Edison says it’s trying to recover costs from insurers and from Mitsubishi—the company whose defective equipment led to the closure.



No comments:

Post a Comment