The 2013 Labor Day Holiday Weekend kicks off this Friday, August 30, 2013. Many travelers, visitors and local residents will be enjoying the Colorado River during this upcoming holiday weekend. The Colorado River Station would like to remind everyone to have an enjoyable but safe holiday weekend.
The Colorado River Station will be conducting boating enforcement on the Colorado River over this busy holiday weekend. Waterway laws will be enforced in an effort to maintain public safety.
Boat and vessel operators are reminded to keep boating safety in mind at all times. Some helpful boating safety tips include:
- Ensure your vessel/trailer has proper registration and numbering.
- Check your equipment (fire extinguisher, life vests, ski flags, tow ropes, First-Aid kit) for serviceability and proper function.
- Monitor vessel speed and direction. Be aware and watchful for “no-wake” 5 mph zones (marked and unmarked) which may have swimmers, tubers, moored vessels, boat docks, and beaches frequented by swimmers/ bathers.
- Never allow underage boating/underage vessel operation.
- Never operate a vessel while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
You can also visit www.dbw.ca.gov to learn more about California boating laws and safety, and to complete the online boater/jet-ski operator safety course.
Further information can also be obtained by contacting the Colorado River Station, at (760) 921-7900.