Tuesday, October 1, 2013

TODAY’S WHORES



NOT READY FOR PRIMETIME

Temecula, CA – The title for this new piece came from watching the Today Show hosts first
sopping down the ‘drink more (fluoridated) water’ campaign from the FLOTUS, a campaign also picked on by Steven Colbert (the Calendar is in good company) though for a comic reason to get laughs. Next, a few days later amidst all the controversy surrounding Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines, the show has Thicke on to rock the song’s suggestive lyrics live. Even the fat weatherman rocked, or swayed it, haha!

And of course Monsanto is back with ALEC, this time in Oregon and the bought whores of that state. The definition of whore used here is ‘someone who is paid to fu*k you’.

Today Oregon legislators and Governor John Kitzhaber will decide whether they will do the bidding of out of state multinational biotech seed giants like Monsanto and Syngenta or whether they will stand up to protect Oregon's family farmers and the future of our seed supply.

The stakes couldn't be higher. Today the Oregon legislature could pass SB 633 (LC 5), Oregon's Monsanto Protection Act, which would strip local countys' control over seeds, food and agriculture and deny county elected officials' ability to keep GMO crops from contaminating farmers' fields.

After dying in committee during the regular session earlier this year, SB 633, now known as LC 5, industrial ag corporations joined forces with the notorious ALEC and Koch brothers to slip this seed preemption bill into an unrelated emergency PERS tax and pension bill in Oregon.

Already more than 1,000 family farmers and farm organizations and 28,000 individuals have signed this urgent letter. Please join us in stopping this outrageous sneak attack on family farmers, their economic livelihoods, their way of life and the future integrity and survival of organic and non-GMO seed. - Add your voice here!

And in other news Cable news network CNN has canceled a documentary on Hillary Rodham Clinton after the director said pressure from the Clinton camp, as well as Republican leaders, made it too difficult to complete the film.

A CNN spokeswoman confirmed on Monday that the program would be canceled, saying director "Charles Ferguson has informed us that he is not moving forward with   his documentary about Hillary Clinton."

Political observers widely expect Clinton, whose early polling numbers make her the Democratic frontrunner in the presidential race in 2016 to run. Clinton, the former U.S. Secretary of State, has said she is still considering her options.

In a blog post on the Huffington Post website, Ferguson, Oscar award winner for the documentary 'Inside Job' had been tapped by CNN to direct to the film last year, said pressure from Clinton's aides started as soon as he joined the project. He said he had found it difficult to get anyone to cooperate and speak about Clinton.

"When I approached people for interviews, I discovered that nobody, and I mean nobody, was interested in helping me make this film. Not Democrats, not Republicans — and certainly nobody who works with the Clintons, (who) wants access to the Clintons, or dreams of a position in a Hillary Clinton administration," Ferguson said in the blog post.

Clinton representatives could not be reached for comment.

But as 2016 looms, Hillary Clinton keeps up with supporters.

Ferguson said he was surprised that "prominent Democrats made it known both to CNN and to me" that they weren't happy with the project.

Ferguson also cited pushback from the Republican Party. In August, Republican leaders sent letters of protest to both CNN and NBC, complaining that their planned programs amounted to political ads for Clinton, the wife of former President Bill Clinton.

The NBC television network is planning a dramatic miniseries from its entertainment unit, which is separate from its news division. NBC did not immediately return a request for comment on Monday.

Republican leaders had resolved to boycott any 2016 presidential debates sponsored by CNN, which is owned by Time Warner Inc., and NBC, owned by Comcast Corp., if the networks went ahead with the projects.

Ferguson said he was not pressured by CNN to cancel the project, and that the network's president, Jeff Zucker, had pledged his support behind the film.

"Neither political party wanted the film made. After painful reflection, I decided that I couldn't make a film of which I would be proud. And so I'm cancelling," Ferguson said in the blog post. By Liana B. Baker and Gabriel Debenedetti

On the same day that CNN announced it's not going forward on its Hillary Clinton project, NBC has decided to scrap its miniseries.

"After reviewing and prioritizing our slate of movie/mini-series development, we've decided that we will no longer continue developing the Hillary Clinton mini-series," the network announced on Monday.
The broadcaster announced the project during July's Television Critics Association. The project was described as a four-hour miniseries starring Diane Lane as the former first lady. It would've been written and directed by Courtney Hunt.

The announcement arrives just hours after CNN confirmed that it was canceling its planned documentary on Clinton citing an inability to get sources to go on the record and pushback from both the Republican and Democratic parties.

(Story sources - Today Show, Steven Colbert, Food Democracy Now, MSNBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment